Saturday 10 April 2010

Berlin

So I'm just back from a five-day visit to Berlin, and... it was AMAZING. The city is so diverse - from the improvised art-house Tascheles to the shiny new Sony Centre, and there's hidden artwork around every corner. The music scene is incredible, and I went to a couple of jazz clubs as well as a free classical concert and an organ concert in the rebuilt Kaiser-Wilhelm Memorial Church. I'm bursting with new ideas (and a slightly worrying desire to re-work the entire project), as Berlin represents what I hope Innocence will in a year's time: the cycle of innocence, then destruction and eventual rebirth. It is a city in the process of regeneration, and I hope to weave some of that essence into this piece.

A small sampler of photos:



















SG

No comments:

Post a Comment